| |
 |
Bilingual Study
|
(Seeing a play)
(看舞台剧)
(Shirley invites her friend Olivia to see a play.)
(雪莉邀请她的朋友奥利维亚一起去看舞台剧。)
O (Olivia): (There is a knock at the front door.) Who is it?
(有人敲前门) 谁呀?
S (Shirley): It's me, Olivia.
是我,奥利维亚。
O: Oh, is that you, Shirley? Come in, please! I haven't seen you for a long time. How are things doing?
是你呀,雪莉?请进!好久不见。你现在怎么样?(近来好吗?)
S: Fine! How are you and your mother?
很好!你和你妈妈好吗?
O: Also good! Thank you!
也很好!谢谢!
S: I've come to tell you my mother and I are going to the theatre this coming Saturday. Would you care to join us?
我来是想告诉你,我妈和我这个星期六去看戏。你愿不愿意跟我们一起去?
O: With the greatest pleasure, Shirley. It's very kind of you to invite me. What's on that interests you?
我很愿意,雪莉。你来邀请我,真好。上演什么剧,你那么感兴趣?
S: Shakespeare's Romeo and Juliet. It's being staged by a famous British theatrical troupe.
是莎士比亚的《罗米欧与朱丽叶》。由英国著名的剧团演出。
O: Wonderful! By the way, will it be an evening performance or a matinee?
棒极啦!我想问一问,是夜场还是日场?
S: We want to see the first night performance.
我们想看首场夜场演出。
O: That's great! I also prefer an evening performance.
真是太好了!我也喜欢看夜场演出。
S: I'll let you know the exact time for the performance as soon as I get the tickets. See you later.
我一买到票就通知你演出的准确时间。改天见。
O: Very well. Goodbye!
好的。再见!(Part I)
|
|
|
|